The Nancy Noel Academy is dedicated to providing quality education and care to the children of Rusinga Island in Kenya, by funding the school building, tuition, uniforms, books, meals, and clean water as well as medical treatment.
• Six hundred and thirty-six students have graduated to senior primary schools within the county.
• Sixty-two graduates in different fields within the country – three of whom are currently providing support for the school.
• Weekly health talks are given by the school doctor or health officer from the Ministry of Health. Each year the school ensures that each pupil is screened with consent of guardian or parent, de-wormed and treated if needed.
• The School provides safe water to the school and community at large.
• The School promotes personal hygiene.
• Academic – indoor and outdoor learning
• Health promotion activities, medical checkups, health talks and good sanitation
• Nutritional support for children with inadequate diets
• Exchange visits with other learning institutions
• Community partnership and service by seniors and others in promotion of sanitation, market centers, health advocacy
• Provision of safe water to institution and community
• Provide affordable academic and health programs promoting early childhood growth and development
• Provide nutritional programs
• Provide housing for 40 homeless children
• Promote School exchanges to increase learning opportunities
• Provide adequate sanitation through community partnerships
• Poor Sanitation – need continues for improved toilets
• Deteriorating classrooms
• No kitchen
• Lack of medical exam room
• Salaries for teachers are not underwritten
• Children do not have adequate clothing and shoes
• Safe drinking water
• Inflation of Kenya currency (Ksh) has led to financial constraints in terms of purchase of food, learning materials, salaries
• Identifying partner organizations who can help support the school
“Love is the only thing that changes things.” –N.A. Noel
Honorary Advisory Board Members for the NA Noel Preschool
Dr. Dmitry Arbuck, Psychiatrist, MD, Indiana
Dr. Ursula Jacob, MD, Germany
Jane Seymour, Actress, Artist, Philanthropist, California
James Keach, Actor, Producer, Director, California
Mickey Maurer, Chairman of the Board, The National Bank of Indianapolis, Indiana
Lesley Athol, Life Coach, South Africa
Mark Roesler, CEO and Chairman, CMG Worldwide, Indiana, California
Many thanks to our N.A. Noël Preschool Board members. The school
received their first computer this year thanks to a generous donor in the
Indianapolis area and we look forward to bringing many more
opportunities to these special children.